[time-nuts] Timing over low bandwidth channels

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Dec 9 12:39:10 UTC 2010

Hi

... and for a very low power system, there's no reason to stick with a "short" 512 bit data set, or a "fast" 1 second rep rate.

If the signal is a "only at night" sort of thing (as I'm guessing it is over that path), all you really might do is a couple of time transfers a night. A code that marked 10 minute slots would do the trick. Make it nice and long so you don't loose precision.

Bob