[time-nuts] Got 60HZ?

Michael Poulos poulosmd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:19:31 UTC 2010

paul swed wrote:
> WHAT chip are you using that has the nice divide by 10 outputs please?
> I have been wiring 74ls XXXs for years what a pain. Tired of the soldering.
> Thanks
> Paul

The chip was one I got on eBay from a different seller than the Ru
movement. The chip number is a C8051T602.It's actually a tiny printed
circuit card in a DIP chip pinout format. I have no idea how many or few
of these bad boys are to be found anywhere. Anyone know of a
microcontroller that'll take the raw sinewave from a Ru movement? THAT
would be nice! BTW, a really cool frequency to make would be the 32768HZ
of a normal quartz movement. Take a radio controlled wall clock and
rubidiumize it and let it self-reset. in between self-resettings it'll
remain astoundingly accurate, great for lousy reception areas.