[time-nuts] Software defined spectrum analyzer

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Sat Dec 11 17:25:31 UTC 2010

Hi, John,

Do you have any experience with it? Not too long ago I was in the need
to do some conducted EMC measurements in the range of 30Hz to 100MHz,
with a quite low maximum requirements, and I found that my current probe
and HP8566B combination was not good enough to conduct them (due to
filter resolution in the low side and to noise factor in the high
side...). At the end, we contracted an external laboratory for doing
these measurements usign an R&S ESU-40 measurement receiver. Do you know
how good would this unit perform as a measurement receiver?

Regards,

Javier