[time-nuts] Older Lucent GPSDO and Rubidium combo

Paul Cloud jpcloud04 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 02:17:52 UTC 2010

Hello Bob and the list,

Thanks for the reply, I have been trying to set up a good quiet 24
volt supply with adequate current capacity to carry the startup load.
I was initially using a small switcher but it didn't have enough moxie
to get startup completed it seems. Some of my initial issues were
related to that. I'm now using a 24 volt console copier power supply
with plenty of current capacity but limited cooling options and I'm
working on a linear supply which is functional I just need to get it
into a box.  Once I get the power supply issue resolved I will get
into the unit to figure out where I can go from there.
Are you under the impression that the Rb is disciplined also? I had
thought that the GPSDO side was disciplined and the Rb was only for
holdover, they seem to call it fly-wheeling. They spec 8 hour holdover
for the GPSDO and 24 hour holdover for the Rb in the limited info I've
been able to snag. I'm still digging for more info. If anyone has
pin-outs for the multi-row connector on the back of the OM (oscillator
module) drawers I would appreciate it.

Thanks Again and 73, Paul