[time-nuts] Adjusting accuracy of a Casio G-Shock watch

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Wed Dec 15 04:37:50 UTC 2010

Jim,

I have such a watch, purchased in Singapore in Oct 2009. It is
solar, but it has no radio connection. It is water-resistant
to 20 atmospheres (bar). I don't wear it, but I keep it by a
southern window.

The back cover appears to be held on by four screws. I've not
tried to open it. It's off by two hours and 91 seconds, over
a year. It's possible that I didn't make the final time zone
adjustment when I got back to Minnesota.

What was the problem with getting the back off?

Bill Hawkins