[time-nuts] TAC/TDC

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 15 21:49:49 UTC 2010

On 12/15/2010 09:34 PM, Javier Serrano wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:15 AM, Josef Kölbl
> <josef.koelbl at fh-deggendorf.de>wrote:
>
>> Bob,
>> yes, building a TDC/TAC is not a problem.
>> Thanks.
>> Josef
>>

> We have been asked to develop a TDC card in FMC (VITA 57) form factor. In
> principle we plan to use ACAM's TDC-GPX, but our specs are much more
> relaxed:
> http://www.ohwr.org/projects/fmc-tdc/wiki

Hmm. How do you intend to discriminate short pulses? It needs to be done
in a way that it does not significantly impairs on the timing measurement.

Time-stamping wrap-around requirement is not in the spec. Essentially a
requirement on the length of the time-stamping counter.

You mix requirements and sketch of design-idea. Keep requirements and
proposed design properties separate.

Cheers,
Magnus