[time-nuts] Frequency counter recommendation

Robert LaJeunesse rlajeunesse at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 16 19:40:18 UTC 2010

One can get a lot of FPGA capability in a 200+ pin PQFP package, so let's say
that package is adequate. Then there is no need for a custom circuit board.
SchmartBoard has a standard 240 pin PQFP board for $20
(http://www.schmartboard.com/index.asp?page=products_qfp). They have BGA boards
as well, but pricier. If one was to make the chosen FPGA look like a SPI
peripheral then an FTDI chip could place it at the end of a USB cable.

All it takes is time, money, and a sharp tipped soldering iron. Unfortunately
I'm low on the first two and my soldering iron is broken...

Bob L.