[time-nuts] Frequency counter recommendation

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 04:29:49 UTC 2010

It all depends on the goal.  Is it to have a working instrument or to
learn how they work and maybe to push the state of the art ahead a
little

One might ask the same question about ham radio:  "Why bother with all
that work?  If you want to talk to some one just buy a cell phone and
be done with it."  Yes if that was the goal the cell phone is the
obvious solution.

I think there are ony two reasons to build vs. buy. (1) You want to
make something that you can't buy, or (2) you want to learn about the
technology.

One feature I'd add if I were building this is a self-calibration with
GPS.  There are a lot of features I can think of.  I'd like a web
server built-in so the instrument would be operated from an iPhone

--
=====
Chris Albertson