[time-nuts] What is the best way to multiply a 10 Mhz

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Tue Dec 21 19:38:40 UTC 2010

It would seem the most jitter free way to do it would be to simply
multiply it up like we used to do.  Some reasonably Hi-Q LC circuits
could make a nice flywheel and filter out other signals at the same
time.  Once you have it to the desired signal frequency you could
condition it to clock your DDS.

Am I missing something here?  Wouldn't be the first time, ya know!

Burt, K6OQK

From: Eamon Skelton <nospam at oceanfree.net>
>What is the application? What will the DDS output frequency be?
>
>Maybe you could use a 70MHz (or whatever frequency you need)
>VCO as the DDS clock and use the DDS as a programmable divider
>to produce a 10MHz output. This could be phase locked to the
>10MHz output from the LPRO-101.

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services
Glendale, California  U.S.A.