[time-nuts] Question on GPS and reference standards

scmcgrath at gmail.com scmcgrath at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 17:24:59 UTC 2010

Because the Rockwell-Collins HF80 has sensitivity and selectivity which are  avaialble only in Ham gear costing 7000+ definitely not in the 'inexpensive' category,  it's transmit signal is also far cleaner than most synthesized HF Rigs.

So it makes sense to upgrade the reference oscillator to use this radio with more modern modes such as PSK31 and coherent CW. (Occupied bandwith less than 5 Hz)

Scott