[time-nuts] Form Factor and such, Big Picture

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Thu Dec 23 17:30:18 UTC 2010

El 23/12/2010 16:11, Bob Bownes escribió:
> I hadn't considered the possibility of using an embedded processor board.
> That is an interesting possibility. The ability to run linux on it, as well
> as have DSP and FPGA in hand would certainly up the ante a bit. A 400 mhz
> DSP and 25Mhz CPU would be more than enough processing power.

It is only a 400MHz DSP/RISC (no additional processor). The Blackfin is
a DSP with good general purpose processor characteristics. The 400MHz
clock is internally derived from a 25MHz crystal.
> Just thinking out loud here, I would imagine a main board that such a
> processor plugs into with locations to plug in input modules, A/D
> converters, a serial level converter (if there isn't one on the board), and
> a front 'control' panel. The main board holds not much more than connectors
> and traces to get signals from those modules to the processor board and/or
> the A/D boards.

The front control panel could be simply a touch-screen. I've used this
board with a 7" 800x480 TFTs and with 2.83" 320x240 OLED displays, both
with TPs.

Best regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
Chief Technology Officer
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com