[time-nuts] Averaging effects

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Dec 27 23:18:30 UTC 2010

In your case the choice of a phase detector with high port to port
isolation probably accounts for your results.
Others have seen injection locking effects with 10811A OCXOs which
vanish when an a buffer amplifier with 40dB of reverse isolation is
added between the OCXO and the measurement system, however the port to
port isolation of the mixers that they used may be somewhat inferior to
that of the SYPD1.

Fortunately a low noise 10MHz isolation amplifier with around 40db
reverse isolation only requires a single inexpensive transistor in the
signal path.

Bruce