[time-nuts] Datum Starrloc II

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue Dec 28 08:46:49 UTC 2010

lists at lazygranch.com writes:

Page 27  of the manual indicates the temperature sensor is fixed at 30
deg C. I'm  not sure what exactly it means to have a sensor at a fixed
temperature. I  could see the setting being fixed, but not the sensor
itself.

Temperature Sensor
¨ STARLOC II – Value fixed at 30  oC

-----------------
That manual section does refer to the software so could be just meaning the
 displayed value but as you're seeing the same in LH etc I assume that is
what's  being reported by the Starloc.
I can't see that the sensor itself could be "fixed" either, assuming  one
is actually fitted, but suspect the firmware is just preloading  that value
into a register or memory location and it doesn't get updated for  whatever
reason.

At least you know that what you're seing is as expected.

I don't recognise your GPS numbers but, as commented earlier, some versions
 of the starloc at least use the M12.

The Starloc 2 look to be a nice unit.

regards

Nigel