[time-nuts] GPS Antenna

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Thu Dec 30 23:50:32 UTC 2010

Re item 2 I have had success using satellite tv splitters that provide for dc pass thru as gps signal splitters.    I can't argue with the price and being able to buy them at home depot.

Re item 3 I ground the mast for gps antenna, and the shield of the feed line.  (I already have ground system for various radio antennas.)   If I lived in an area with lots of lightning i'd take more precautions.   I've also bonded the Antenna grounds to the electrical service ground, which may or may not be a code requirement where you live.    (Disclaimer don't take this message as advice.)
Sent from my iPad