[time-nuts] Standard Resistor oil

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:05:25 UTC 2010

The stuff in the store generally has Vitamin E in there as a stabilizer, and
sometimes fragrance if marketed as baby lotion.  Get the stuff for use as a
laxative and it *should* be okay.  I had to buy tens of gallons of this
stuff from the local pharmacies because the local national laboratory saw
mineral oil as a hazard when it came in 5 gallon carbouys.  It's toxic,
flammable, and causes skin irritation unless it's sold as baby lotion or
laxative!  Always take the MSDS sheets with a grain of salt.

-Bob