[time-nuts] EFRATOM LPRO-101

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Wed Feb 3 12:41:33 UTC 2010

Hi

A little more data from a group of recent units:

The XTAL pin is looking at the VCXO control voltage, It should move around (sweep) at turn on. It will settle in the vicinity of 6 volts. I have seen units anywhere from 5.5 to 7.2 volts on this pin.

The BITE is a logic level pin, it's either high or low.

The lamp voltage on "early" units runs around 6 volts. On "later" units it's up around 9 volts. This may be a better bulb, or it just may be a different photo detector. Every time I've asked about lamp voltage, the answer has been "in range is ok". Trying to predict life from lamp voltage apparently is more complex than it might seem.  I would not throw out a 6 volt unit simply because it's not a 9 volt ....

Bob