[time-nuts] ADEV vs MDEV

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 6 14:29:40 UTC 2010

Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> The counter is not the big issue in DMTD. We seem  The problems lies elsewhere. I think we've gone into that pretty deeply in various recent threads.

Indeed, as long as one slew-rate amplify the beat signal such that the
slew-rate into the counter does not become the main limit. But
sufficient amplification is what is needed.

> As a practical bench instrument, the Pendulums are a very good choice. That's independent of anything having to do with DMTD.

Indeed. As always, there is improvements in the user interface to be
had, but that is true for most instruments I have seen. The graphical
presentation is a feature I use a lot.

Cheers,
Magnus