[time-nuts] ADEV vs MDEV

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sat Feb 6 23:35:26 UTC 2010

In a dual mixer system isolation is more critical to avoid locking
between the 2 sources being compared.

Isolation amplifiers with 80dB or more reverse isolation and low phase
noise are inexpensive requiring 3 or 4 transistors (depending on the
desired isolation) if you build your own.

One can replace the counter with an inexpensive FPGA and eliminate the
picket fence source.

Bruce