[time-nuts] Frequency comparison

Raj vu2zap at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 04:05:50 UTC 2010

Thanks Stan,

I will digest your email slowly. I have to learn more about these gizmos that you mention.
I will check on LORAN C in HZ land.

I am sure, its an addiction. I have been infected by the bug without my knowledge by
John Ackermann N8UR a year or more ago. I already have two Rb units, but one is vibration
sensitive. I am waiting for delivery of a TBolt before noon, hope fully have it going by this
evening.

I was thinking of feeding two 10 Mhz signals to two ports of a SBL-1 or similar and taking the DC
output at the IF port into an opamp or analog meter. This was visually easier to adjust the drift between two frequencies by just watching the needle move. A stationary needle over a couple of hours would be the best!

Raj

--
Raj, VU2ZAP
Bangalore, India.