[time-nuts] any WWV audio recordings available?

Scott Burris slburris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 03:33:07 UTC 2010

Does anyone know if there are any > 5min recordings of WWV audio available?
I'm trying to track down some problems with my Heathkit GC-1000 clock and
it sure would be nice if I could inject some known good audio recording
and see if
the clock picks up the time from that.

I've found a couple recordings by googling, but they are both too short
to be useful.

I've also tried the software at:

http://www.wraith.sf.ca.us/ntp/index.html#test-tones

which was used to test the wwv refclock driver in NTP.  I'm having
trouble with
it running more than a few minutes at a time, and the GC-1000 doesn't
sync to it.
Unfortunately, I can't find anyone who has used this software with a
GC-1000 so
I don't know if the problem is the GC-1000 or the test program.

Hence my search for some genuine WWV audio to inject.

Scott