[time-nuts] Tight PLL Tester

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Thu Feb 11 15:16:20 UTC 2010

WarrenS wrote:
> Bruce
>
> Thanks for your response, as always you've give me plenty to think about.
>
>> Bruce said:  It is essential to understand exactly how this system
>> works in theory.
> Turns out to be too true.
> After re-reading your last post several times,
> I now finally understand what you are saying and why you are saying it.
> It is because YOU do not yet understand how this method works.
> I find that so unbelievable, that I had not considered that possibility.
>
> Starting at the following line and pretty much everything after that,
> although accurate statements,
> THEY DO NOT APPLY to this method.

>> To recover the phase fluctuations the EFC voltage has to be integrated.
>
> ws

Warren

You seem to be the only one who doesn't understand the theory.
I understand exactly how the method as implemented by NBS is intended to
work.
Your ad hoc assumptions about the details of the method are false.

You admit to not knowing how to calculate how your implementation
responds to different phase noise spectra and yet you confidently
proclaim there will be no problems in interpreting the results?

Bruce