[time-nuts] Advice on 10 MHz isolation/distribution (Clay)

life speed life_speed at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 16:32:50 UTC 2010

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 23:02:30 -0500
From: Bob Camp <lists at cq.nu>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Advice on 10 MHz isolation/distribution
    (Clay)

Hi

I suspect your noise spike can be cured by a series R-C to ground from the junction of Q1 base, Q7 base and all the other stuff. Something is going to have to set a high frequency roll off. With no coils some combo of R and C is going to have to do it.

You might also try returning all of the upper emitter resistor bypasses to ground rather than B+. Another alternative would be emitter to emitter bypass as shown on the JPL schematic. I'm guessing both would improve isolation in a real world circuit.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Please provide a link to the JPL schematic.

Clay