[time-nuts] any WWV audio recordings available?

Scott Burris slburris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 19:45:03 UTC 2010

The second recording still did not get the clock to sync.

So I tried an all up test, setting a WaveTek 288 signal generator to
5Mhz at -47db,
and used your audio to AM modulate the signal.  This gets the AGC amp
back into
the picture.  And it successfully decoded, saying 10:15 PST!

The synthetic recording also worked via RF.

So I guess I'm concluding that the clock had some bad electrolytic
capacitors, which I
fixed, and I'm now going through a crummy reception period for WWV.  I
used to be
able to get WWV on 5 or 10 Mhz overnight with just a wire strung out
from the clock,
but that doesn't seem to be cutting it anymore.

Thanks for the assistance.

Scott