[time-nuts] low noise voltage regulation, again

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Thu Feb 18 12:09:45 UTC 2010

Hi

Cleaning up a switcher is going to require you to take out the radiated as well as the conducted crud. You also will have ground loop issues all over the place.

Much easier to just start with a linear supply in the first place. There are oceans full of them out there on the auction sites.

Since the LPRO has a pretty conventional regulator inside it, cleaning up the external supply will only get you so far. More or less Input noise / isolation < output noise and you are done.

I have no idea what the TBolt has on the supplies. I'm pretty sure the OCXO has a regulator much like the TBolt does.

Bob