[time-nuts] Jupiter GPS Receivers, ( V1.80)

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Mon Feb 22 22:03:54 UTC 2010

I forgot what your goal was, but if you just want an accurate 10 MHz / 1
pps reference, why not just buy a Thunderbolt or Z3805A?

Many on this list have had good results dealing with fluke.l on ebay. I
just did a search (select 'advanced search' and put fluke.l in the
seller field down the page) and he has several Tbolts starting at $150
and at least one Z3805A at $350. Seems to me you'll get instant
gratification and probably better results than with a Jupiter receiver.
Or you can search on thunderbolt or Z3805A. There are probably other
sellers - I only looked at fluke.l's listings.

BTW, in the name fluke.l, the letter after the '.' is lower case L, not
one (as has been mistyped on recent postings.)

Unless you enjoy the challenge of reinventing this GPS-timing wheel, I'd
suggest buying one of these reasonably priced units.

-Rex