[time-nuts] Low noise voltage regulators

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Thu Feb 25 01:08:18 UTC 2010

I meant something like the attached circuit schematic for an LM723 based
15V regulator.
The circuit can be easily extended to use an external pass transistor
where more current is needed.

The LM329 is biased from the regulator output which improves the
reference line rejection.
The 723's internal reference is used only during startup.
The 2N3904 disconnects the internal reference when the LM329 terminal
voltage exceeds about 5.4V.
Some optimisation of the circuit may be required.

Bruce