[time-nuts] Fw: Low noise voltage regulators

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 19:06:21 UTC 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Stanley Reynolds <stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com>
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 1:00:58 PM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Low noise voltage regulators

From the :
"2-11. A single source of +20 to +30V dc with 10% regulation may be used to power both the oven and
oscillator amplifier circuits if a simple IC regulator is used. A suggested circuit is shown in Figure
2-1. The resistor and capacitor connected to terminals 3 and 4 of the IC minimize ripple and noise
in the regulated output."

www.n4iqt.com/hp/12volt-reg.jpg

I have planed to separate the power supplies from my test stands as my next project for the 10811's so I'm also interested in a suitable supply.  Considered a battery supply with a regulator for the 12 V side.

Stanley

10811A/B Quartz Crystal Oscillator Operating &
Service Manual (V2)