[time-nuts] thunderbolt fault

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 02:57:17 UTC 2010

>Lots of questions ....
Same Simple answer.
Make the +12 volts is as good as you can get it, For the rest any general
purpose PS works fine.
And a Common mode choke filter does not get ride of line noise on the +12 V
or Line voltage sensitivities, both are important on the +12V

ws

****************
Hi

Depending on the supply setup, a common mode choke might also be a good
idea.

The +12 runs the OCXO, so it's going to have an impact.

What about the +5 Volts? Obviously it needs to be crud free. Gross changes
will impact the temperature of the unit. What about small changes? Is it
running the maser reference for the DAC or does that come off the +12? Is +5
just a digital supply?

Lots of questions ....

Bob