[time-nuts] Digital Clock kit - no Integrated circuits!

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 9 04:53:57 UTC 2010

Easy,  make a jig,  preform and cut the leads to length,  solder everything from to top side.

Or use tape-and-reel and an auto-inserter.

But,  the IC-less clock is not nearly as cool as the clock that just uses neon bulbs for the logic...  don't need no stinkin' transzippers.

I won't buy one until it comes in surface mount.    I *hate* flipping
PCBs over and clipping leads.