[time-nuts] HP 5245L counter circa 1967 humor

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 17:29:53 UTC 2010

Very very interesting read on hollow leads. Like you I also had spares in
the conductive foam and learned the same thing. Very bad indeed.

I do need to look at several of the decoders to nixies they are acting
strange and would easily guess that the neon bulb logic has some flaky
bulbs. I started opening that section up and stopped. Its going to be a fair
job. It will be really curious how did they get all those little photo
resistors around the neon bulbs? Though with humor a 74ls90 cntr 7475 latch
and 74141decoder would eliminate all of that, but thats not how the unit
works. hate to hack it that way.
Anyone know if the burroughs nixies just pull out of the socket? At least I
think its a socket.
I tried and they did not let go. I want to separately test the nixie I think
its actually OK.
Thanks
PS I don't see carcasses anymore at flea markets. More importantly no test
equipment anymore. The ebay effect.