[time-nuts] Non electrical time-nuttery

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Jan 10 05:30:52 UTC 2010

We have a form of fluidic amplifier here in the Los Angeles area this time
of year.  When the Santa Ana winds blow, they take one (sometimes two) of
three possible paths.  As a result, if it's windy when I leave home in the
morning (in one of the paths), it won't be windy at work (in a different
path), and vice versa.

So it has the multistable behavior of the fluidic flipflops. I don't know if
if there's an (controllable) input signal, though.