[time-nuts] Sidereal time

Jean-Louis Oneto Jean-Louis.Oneto at obs-azur.fr
Fri Jan 15 22:26:30 UTC 2010

Hi,
Her we use the following Java applet, on a computer synchronized through
NTP:
http://www.gb.nrao.edu/~jbrandt/jLSTclock/

Its precision is enoughy for our need (we're an astronomical observatory, by
the way)
About the math, the basic relation is that there is one sidereal day more in
a sidereal year than in a tropic year, which give something like
365.25/366.25 * 86400.
If you take a better value than 365.25, (365.2475 correespnd to the
Gregorian approximation, you will be closer to the value you quoted).
HTH,
Best regards,
Jean-Louis