[time-nuts] bad ocxo or measurement artifact ?

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 19:50:34 UTC 2010

Looking at the output of Greenray Industries Y-313-16A 160 MHz OCXO I discovered a new feature of my Hp 54501 scope. It split the signal into 4 traces each with a different amplitude and they are phase shifted from each other. P to P levels are 2.8V, 116mv, 53mv, and 9mv. Not much difference running the oxco on a battery or substituting the scope probe with coax cable rg58 6' with a tee and 50 ohm termination.

Could this be a aliasing effect of the AD sampling the as the scope is a digital 100Mhz scope ?

No I don't know what I'm doing :-) But I would like to know.

Stanley