[time-nuts] 4 KV Power Supply Recommendations

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jan 18 04:57:52 UTC 2010

For a Cockroft_Walton multiplier with m stages with all capacitors equal
except for the first which has twice the vale of the others the output
resistance is

~ (2/3)*m*m/f*C

Where the first capacitor = 2C and all the other capacitors =C

f is the line frequency

The accuracy improves as m increases.

Bruce