[time-nuts] 4 KV Power Supply Recommendations

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 12:34:30 UTC 2010

I specifically tested for that at the time (even though I did not pull the
spectrum analyzer to verify) and I was able to run the laptop (a Dell D400
running in B/G mode) about 3 feet right in front of the oven without obvious
network access problem.

The router was in the next floor up, but pretty much right above the laptop,
so the signal was strong either way.

Knowing how much the frequency drifts on these magnetrons, I may just have
been lucky, but actually that proves the point. If the spectrum was very
wide, the stability would not matter so much.

I tend to consider Panasonic to be one of the more responsible consumer
product company. Their products are consistently rated among the most
reliable in the commercial world, not that it means a whole lot with regards
to EMI.

Didier