[time-nuts] LPRO Pressure Sensitivity

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 22 02:09:12 UTC 2010

David C. Partridge wrote:
>> freshly emptied Riesling bottles
>
> Are just a clear indication of your very good taste in wine, nothing
> whatever to do with ppb/ppt.
>
> Though my old fashioned English view is that ppb is 1 in 10E12, and ppt is 1
> in 10E18.

I think that saying 1E-12 is much better as we avoid these short/long
issues. The ppX form is just one in many, althought ppm is usually
handy, but to avoid confunsion.

1E-13/milibar is a mixture, it should say 1E-10/bar to be "clean".

> The simple 1000 million (US billion) generally wasn't graced with a name
> over here, though some other countries referred to it as a milliard.
>
> Dave (who thinks that a good Reisling Trockenbeerenauslese is the one of the
> finest wines in the world).

Mmm... it been too many years ago I had some. Need to investigate!

Cheers,
Magnus