[time-nuts] Test Equipment

John Foege john.foege at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 12:44:53 UTC 2010

Thanks to everyone who answered in this thread.I am keenly interested
in everything everyone had to say!

One of the things that seems like a no-brainer, would be to scrape
together the $700 and get an Agilent E8285A CDMA test set. It seems
like I can't go wrong with that! My only concern with getting these
off eBay or from anywhere else for that matter, is that apparently the
later versions firmware only support 800Mhz and up operation instead
of the earlier versions 100kHz-1Ghz.

Unfortunately, Amtronix seems to have run out, or at least are on
their last 1-2 units. I wont have the cash in time to get one, as they
have sold 35 in the last month alone.

Sigh.

Another very cool set of toys that had been mentioned, were the Tek
TM500 series, which I am also interested in! I don't need any of the
freq. counter plugins, but the power supply, func. generators, etc.
All very cool!

Thanks,

John