[time-nuts] Test Equipment Tables

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 24 10:15:01 UTC 2010

I use a 180x90 lab-table. It has a steel frame reaching out to the edges
and a sufficiently thick top covered with NordStat antistatic mat. I
experience no noticeable sagging, but then I arranged my instruments
such that I have two towers at the two back corners and a bookshelf
inbetween them onto which I have instruments in the middle. The
bookshelf seems to handle it fairly well. I am annoyed that I could not
get the shelf belonging to the table, as that would bring load off from
the instruments.

The main problem with this arrangement is that I have no wiring isle
behind the bench and in general too little bench area. Too much in one
place basically. I have a full-sized Schroff rack alongside the bench.

Still, I can get some usefull stuff done.

Cheers,
Magnus