[time-nuts] Low temperature coefficient capacitors for DMTD

Corby Dawson cdelect at juno.com
Mon Jan 25 17:42:23 UTC 2010

Bert Kehren and I are working on a low cost DMTD system.

We are cloning the NBS 106D design with modern components.

You might want to check out PPS dialectric capacitors. (Polyphenylene
sulfide)

Readily available in many values including large ones.

For stability from –55° to +85°C, PPS is virtually flat over this
temperature range with a ppm/°C of only 7.

We use these in our design for the filter capacitors.

I have also replaced the 106D capacitors with PPS and the 1 meg filter
resistors with  1PPM per degree C units scavenged from an HP DVM.

10PPM resistors are available from Mouser the last time I looked.

Corby Dawson