[time-nuts] Low temperature coefficient capacitors for DMTD

Corby Dawson cdelect at juno.com
Mon Jan 25 22:04:35 UTC 2010

The NBS DMTD uses a .15uf polycarbonate capacitor for the filter channel.

The polycarbonate TC is a bit better than the PPS but they are hard to
find for the "mini" DMTD at a decent cost.

Most manufacturers no longer make polycarbonate capacitors.

The substitution of the PPS capacitors into the 106D showed a very small
improvement in performance over the existing polycarb.

My suggestion of using the PPS capacitors was predicated on that .15uf
value as I would not try to parallel enough NPO C0G to reach that value.

As temperature swings in my lab over the time span of most plots is quite
small the PPS seems the most cost effective.

Corby