[time-nuts] Conducting Bench Top Material

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 13:04:22 UTC 2010

2010/1/29 Bob Camp <lists at cq.nu>:

> If we ever go back to tubes we're going to have a bunch of tech's knocked out on the floor. Nobody has a clue about high voltage any more. You had to have a good respect for it on a tube circuit or you got in big trouble.

Remember the valves that used to have the grid at the top of the
envelope via a separate connection. That made it real easy to inject a
signal for tracing through the circuit, you just put your finger on it
and listened for mains hum at the speaker, for instance. hat was
alright till you found the valve that had an anode at the top...

That's going back a looong way.

Steve
--
Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
A man with one clock knows what time it is;