[time-nuts] LED Spectra mentioned in time-nuts Digest, Vol 66, Issue 164

Joe Cassano aka jmario jmario at fast.net
Sat Jan 30 13:37:44 UTC 2010

 >> J. Forster wrote:
 >>> Attached is a spectrum of a "white" LED Flashlight. My diode
spectrometer
 >>> does not go further than the limits shown.

While this may be stretching the limits of time-nuts...

I think I saw a question asking what was used to measure the recently
posted LED spectra but other than a passing comment about a diode
spectrometer, if there was an answer I can't find it.

I'm curious to know a little more about what was used to measure the LED
spectra.  Not familiar with a "diode spectrometer" and Google is not
being very helpful.  The last time I measured optical spectra was a long
long time ago using a PE UV/Visible spectrophotometer in the early days
of semiconductor manufacturing - used it to measure dielectric thickness
(on 1 inch and eventually 2 inch wafers).  I'm interested in looking at
the spectra of CF lamps - something which may not be realistic since we
retired folks no longer have access to the fun (and expensive) lab
equipment we used in our pre-retirement days.

JoeC