[time-nuts] Administrivia: On Topic Posts, Please!

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Jan 31 14:20:04 UTC 2010

All --

While I have enjoyed the recent threads about benchtops, CFLs, LEDs,
etc., they really aren't on topic for this list, and we all need to
exercise some restraint.

While I think the incredible knowledge and inquisitiveness of this group
lead naturally to digressions, and those digressions can be both
fascinating and informative, we need to remember that the list's charter
is to be a

"low volume, high SNR list for the discussion of precise time and
frequency measurement and related topics."

We're now at over 900 subscribers, so please consider the charter and
the audience, and show consideration for the hundreds of people who may
not be interested when threads get so far off topic.

Thanks,

John