[time-nuts] Any CW12-TIM users?

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 13:30:37 UTC 2010

I seem to remember someone saying they had actually tried one. I am looking
to put another repeater on the air and while I have another TBOLT, I like
the fact that the CW12-TIM takes a single supply. Of course, I'll have to
have 5 volts to power the antenna but I can get the 3 volts for the CW12
from that. The 10 MHz output doesn't have to be as stable as a TBOLT, it
just needs to be GPS locked. It doesn't have to have holdover. If it loses
GPS lock, it would be OK if it just stopped putting out 10 MHz. Also, do I
have to get special software to talk to it? Or, hopefully, it just does a
self survey automatically and I won't have to fool with it.