[time-nuts] Picosecond resolution techniques

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 12 17:06:23 UTC 2010

On 07/12/2010 05:43 PM, paul swed wrote:
> Looks like a good read.

It is a good read to get overview. When I saw it first most of it I had
gather through other exercises. but it should not prohibit others from
learn from it.

The digital interpolator in Figure 7 using delays is slightly incorrect
thought, it is not one set of delays... it has delays both in clock and
signal legs. It lives on the delay difference between the paths. The
implementation of HP5371A/5372A also includes delay-trimmers. It is
essentially a time-difference flash-converter.

Anyway, do read that paper!

Cheers,
Magnus