[time-nuts] GPS Timing Source -- looking at buying

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 15 15:57:51 UTC 2010

On 07/12/2010 02:15 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> The original post simply mentioned EBU. Thus the confusion.

I think they mean SMPTE 12M LTC. VITC would also be possible, and not
completely without its merrits, but I doubt it.

AES has not cranked out any synchronisation specs beyond the DARS in
AES-11 (essentially an AES-3 with certain properties), and I don't
recall that EBU specified any synchronisation protocols, where as both
specify refer to timing relationships and SMPTE-12M.

I hope nobody is considering MTC....

Cheers,
Magnus