[time-nuts] Symmetricom X72

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Sat Jul 24 20:43:34 UTC 2010

The Trimble Thunderbolt GPS/DOs have been on a nice learning curve. Lady
Heather helps alot to understand what is going on.

Checking and calibrating your freq counter to the stuff you have at work
is a great idea.
Just keep in mind the basic accuracy of the aade stuff, after you get
back home.

For my 10 GHz transverter I use a externally boxed up ISOTEMP 10 MHz
xtal bases OCXO with voltage control.
Before a radio contest I will warm up the OCXO for a few days, then I
measure it with a freq counter using the GPSDO as reference.
Adjusting as needed.

I do not think you can go wrong with  a Trimble T'Bolt. Cost effective fun.

Stan, W1LE