[time-nuts] TI Chronos arrived (at last)!

Geraldo Lino de Campos geraldo at decampos.net
Tue Jun 1 17:15:37 UTC 2010

I received yesterday my TI Chronos ordered in February (international
shipment), so if you ordered one you should be receiving it.

First impressions:

1 - After one day, it is still within the correct second (the PC software
doesn’t allow a precise measurement, so it is a visual check), despite some
reports of large timing errors.

2 - After one hour struggling whit the included IDE (I opted for the CCS,
that allows larger code), I was able to recompile the software and flash it
(wirelessly – you don’t need to disassemble the unit anymore) without
problems – good news if you plan develop new applications

3 - Nice toy.

--
Geraldo Lino de Campos
geraldo at decampos.net