[time-nuts] Z3816a

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Sat Jun 5 02:05:16 UTC 2010

Robert Benward wrote:
> Hi All,
> Is there any downside to a model Z3816A?  I also see a Z3815A on Ebay, but
> the connector arrangement is not attractive.  Does anyone have a link to a
> comparison chart between all these models?

I don't have any experience with the 3815, but I have had a Z3816A for
several years and like it. The multiple outputs were one thing I liked
about it.

I also modified mine to convert the 4 -- 19.6608 MHz outputs into 10 MHz
TTL square outputs. So now mine has 2- 10 MHz sine, 4- 10 MHz square,
and 4- 1 PPS outputs.

Description of the conversion can be found here:
http://www.xertech.net/Projects/Z3816/3816_mod.html