[time-nuts] Fluke Thunderbolt Monitor Revisited

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Sat Jun 5 15:16:35 UTC 2010

GandalfG8 at aol.com wrote:

> 3...The series input and base to ground resistors on the RS232 interface
> are both 180 ohms, rather than 10K and 3K3 respectively as in Didier's
> circuit.

If one wanted to use the RS232 interface to a computer at the same time
as the ko4bb monitor in parallel, which I often do, then you would be
well advised to stick to Didier's original values there.  RS232 is quite
robust, but still...  I built one here quite early on to the original
design and it has performed flawlessly ever since.

I can not for the life of me figure out what oriental logic dictated
these changes in the first place.

And well done Nigel for getting to the bottom of this!

Dan